Moving: Halo of Sweat Workout, 12 min.
- Sumo jump knee up: 7, 6, 7
- Sumo pulse calve raise: 24, 24, 20
- Reptile on the run: 21, 16, 13
- Reptile push ups: 6, 5, 6
- Knee hugs: 11, 11, 9
- Ab burn out: 35, 36, 30
I hadn’t planned on recording my scores, let along posting them–but hey. I am so sleep deprived but working out, however short, made me feel a lot better.
Shaking: Today I made 3 shakes. It probably should’ve been all I ate, but I still managed to squeeze in a lunch of rice and lima beans, and a small dinner of veggie lasagna and salad. I’m still hungry as I write this 🙂
1. Endive Smoothie
- 1 mango
- 1 peach
- 1-2 heads of endive (I only used 1/2 head)
- 1/4 lemon juice (I forgot this)
- 1 handful spinach
- 2 cups water
- Handful blueberries, honey, chia seeds, and ice (I added this because it wasn’t tasting to good)
2. Emerald Applesauce
- 2 apples
- 1 bunch parsley
- 1/2 inch ginger root
- 1 banana
- honey to taste
These two smoothies were adventurous. Kale, spinach, and collards are all generally safe, because they pretty much have no taste and assume the flavor of whatever other ingredients you put in the smoothie.
But endive?? Super bitter. And parsley has so much flavor that it tastes pretty much just like parsley puree, and is pretty gross. The original recipes for both were not bearable so I added some fruits that were sweeter and some honey so I could get it down. But on the positive side, I think I ate enough parsley to get a week’s worth of vitamin K.
The last shake of the day was a treat for me–Avocado Shake. This is something I started drinking when I went to Brasil. I don’t really make measurements but just add each ingredient to taste, but roughly:
3. Avocado Shake
- 1 avocado
- 1-1 1/2 cups milk (I used almond milk–I’m trying to limit my dairy intake)
- ~2 spoons of sugar